We have a great opportunity for an accountant to join our small, friendly and expanding accountancy client based in Durham.
The client specialises in providing a friendly, flexible and proactive year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local area.
Qualifications are less important than experience, with a minimum 1-2 years’ practical experience preferred.
Hours: Full time or Part-time
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparation and review of self-assessment tax returns for sole traders, rental property income, individuals and partnerships
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for limited companies
- Preparation, review, and submission of VAT returns
- Managing the processing of monthly payrolls and setting up and administration of auto enrolment schemes
- Provision of day-to-day business support to clients
- Organising and updating relevant data using various applications
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information
- Establishing and maintaining a professional and friendly working relationship with clients, outsourced partners and colleagues
- Previous experience within a small accountancy practice (essential)
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting software – TaxCalc, QuickBooks, Brightpay etc – is preferred
- A high degree of IT literacy and willingness to embrace new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a customer service focus
- Experience of dealing with HMRC
- Working knowledge and experience of payroll and auto enrolment procedures
- You must have a positive attitude and demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic, customer-focused approach
- You will need to be conscientious, committed and reliable
- You must be able to produce accurate and timely work and to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines, without compromising the quality of work
- You should have good communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships within a small team
- You must be able to communicate with clients in a friendly and professional manner
- You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude
Come and join the team!
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual looking for a little variety who wants to develop their skills and experience in an expanding business, using industry-leading software with support from a multi award winning network.
Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly local business atmosphere
Work for an employer focused on long-term staff retention – career development opportunities are available to the right candidate.
Benefit from access to high-quality training and CPD to expand your skills and technical knowledge.
If you are an enthusiastic and hard-working individual and are interested in applying for this post, please submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, preferred hours of work and salary expectations.