Our Client is an industry leading Energy Specialist who are consistently delivering high level customer service and support to a wide range of business across the region. They are growing year-on-year and due to their continued success, they now require new talented Lead Generators to form part of a new dynamic and driven team.
These are exciting times even in challenging circumstances amid the current Pandemic crisis, but this is positive news for the local area and a great opportunity to be part of this journey.
The day to day function of this role will include responsibilities for identifying, contacting, and nurturing new business prospects. This will involve calling businesses in order to assess their energy requirements and identify decision makers so that we can acquire new business and provide appropriate energy information based on their individual needs.
- Creating awareness of the company’s B2B offering by cold calling and emailing prospects sourced from mailing lists, with the aim of creating buy-in and acquiring new contact information for the wider sales team to use.
- Working to a targeted call plan to build and cultivate relationships with prospective B2B clients, achieving strict KPIs such as no. of dials, talk time, appointments arranged, bills received, LOAs received, revenue achieved.
- Converting prospects to contacts by overcoming the gatekeeper(s), handling objections, gathering information, and generating appointments, ensuring all information is accurately recorded and inputted into the CRM.
- Utilising the CRM to create new records of contacts and maintain existing contacts, ensuring all communications and information gathered are accurately inputted for the wider sales, marketing, and account management teams to use.
- Working with your line manager to implement individual development, coaching, and training feedback, ensuring deliverables agreed to improve performance are managed through to implementation.
- Contributing to the overall objectives of the business by keeping abreast of industry news and identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement with wider team members
Skill Set Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and good commercial acumen
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Resilient temperament with the ability to persevere
- Excellent information gathering and objection handling skills
- Proven experience of successfully cold calling businesses
- In depth knowledge of sales techniques (e.g. gatekeepers, objections etc.)
- Proven experience of successfully working to productivity and revenue targets
- 1.5+ years’ experience in the energy or utilities industry in a similar role (Desirable)
- Familiarity with email and CRM systems (e.g. Outlook, Utility Click or similar)
Hours of Attendance:
Full Time (i.e. 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
On occasions you may be required to travel to fulfil your duties, although these are unlikely to be a regular occurrence and will be agreed with you in advance.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive
- Market Competitive Base Salary (dependent on experience within energy sector)
- Discretionary Commission Scheme