Our Client is an industry leading producer of Minerals and pigments, including Worldwide distribution. Because of high levels of demand, their Teesside based plant now requires an experienced time served Team Lead Mechanical Fitter to join
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business on an initial temporary basis but will evolve into a permanent position if the chosen candidate is successful. You will be acting on site as the Lead Fitter when required
and will assign duties to be completed when required. You will be responsible to ensure that the plant is mechanically sound to achieve optimum plant availability and performance.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will:
- Ensure that statutory duties are met, and that Company Rules are followed when work is carried out.
- Ensure that you are responsible for taking care of your own health and safety and the impact any of your acts or omissions may have on other people.
- Co-operate with your Manager to enable your Employer to comply with statutory duties for health and safety.
- Carry out mechanical repairs to improve Plant availability.
- Use burning equipment to an acceptable standard.
- Welding in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions using MMA and Mig equipment to an acceptable standard.
- Use knowledge and skills to design and develop minor profiles, fabricate steel structures and repair 3-dimensional surfaces.
- Have a basic knowledge of disconnecting, testing, and re-connecting 3 phase motors.
- Knowledge of pipe-work components and ability to fabricate to established standards.
- Ability to handle paint spraying equipment safely
- Organise preventative maintenance schedules using SAP.
- Take condition monitoring measurements using Pruftechnik when required.
- Assist in the installation of capital projects.
- Prepare Purchase Orders to maintain adequate stocks of engineering materials.
- Develop and implement capital expenditure projects in order to improve Companyprofitability by either extending capacity or minimising operating costs.
- To organise workload following discussions with management and delegate duties to mechanical fitter as and when required.
- If required, provide daytime production cover during the absence of a production operator.
- To follow environmental procedures and associated work instructions.
- To correctly segregate and dispose of waste
Report any environmental incidents or potential incidents to the Plant Manager.
- To control and monitor activities that can have an impact on quality.
- To ensure that there is adequate development, achievements and communication of quality objectives, targets and programs.
To ensure that all Company and Site quality procedures are adhered to.
Health & Safety aspects:
- Ensure that statutory duties are met, and that managers and company rules are followed when work is carried over.
- Ensure that you are responsible for taking care of your own health and safety and the impact that any of your acts or omissions may have on other people.
Co-operate with your manager to enable your employer to comply with statutory duties for health and safety.
- To be aware of the company’s commitment to cutting greenhouse gas emissions
- To be mindful of energy consumption when planning and performing your job functions
- To identify energy saving opportunities to your manager as and when you spot them.